In our first segment, Frank Hicks SC and Richard Cheney SC discuss the High Court decision of Stubbings v Jams 2 concerning unconscionable conduct, the Full Federal Court decision in Minister for the Environment v Sharma about the common law duty of care on the Minister in the context of climate change, and Palmer v Premiair Aviation Maintenance a case in which Clive Palmer was ordered to pay costs on an indemnity basis.
In our second segment, Frank is joined by Ingmar Taylor SC and Lucy Saunders to discuss the recent High Court decisions concerning the question of independent contractor v employee – CFMMEU v Personnel Contracting and ZG Operations v Jamsek.
Medium neutral citations of the cases discussed are:
- Stubbings v Jams 2 Pty Ltd  HCA 6
- Minister for the Environment v Sharma  FCAFC 35
- Palmer v Premiair Aviation Maintenance  FCA 185
- CFMMEU v Personnel Contracting  HCA 1
- ZG Operations Australia Pty Ltd v Jamsek  HCA 2